Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Monday Morning - Aug '08


Picture This! Archived Feature #2



My hand slipped down to make room on the metallic pole

coated with the warmth from a hundred strangers.


The dull lights by the side flickered to remind me


that I was staring too long into the bleakness of the wall.



I never dared to glance around to the faces around me

perhaps to meet the gaze of someone I would know or even

a friendly smile to warm my thoughts for a brief second.


All that was clear was the impending fate lying ahead


All I could remember is the place I could not escape.



The machine that held me captive for too many years,

its spirit always daunting, always too close next to me.

Desires had escaped me long ago and left me nearly bare

With nothing left but the same end point to meet

in the same hollow halls, under the same diminishing light

No comments: